Pages

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Elevated Testosterone Level

I haven’t written in a while. But for good reason. I have no reason to write anything recently. That and I’ve been busy with actually fulfilling my 5 year plan. 5 years from now I want to be a lawyer. Now that is important to me, more so than sports. But I felt inspired when I read this article on ESPN. I pretty much details players for whom it would kill fans if they were using steroids. This is a major issue for me.

My List of CLEAN players is Derek Jeter, Chipper Jones and Albert Pujols. That’s it. At this point I hope and pray that I never find out that any of these players were using. Derek Jeter and Chipper Jones were my childhood heroes as far as baseball went. When I first started learning about singles doubles and grand slams, those were the players I looked for on the field. Albert Pujols is the guy that I feel has the same type of team first attitude. I’d probably have to be placed in a padded room if I found out that Jeter was on steroids.

Admittedly, just hoping players are clean doesn’t make them so. I’d have put A-Rod on the list of clean players and Manny Ramirez. Manny and A-Rod both missed a substantial amount of games after being shown to be steroid users. The Ortiz news didn’t kill me because I figured he was a user.

Randy Johnson is also no longer on my non-steroids list. He isn’t a user as I am aware, but as fast as his fastball was I’m not willing to completely give him the benefit of the doubt. I believe everyone was immersed in the culture. (But Jeter and Jones) I can’t allow anyone else to be exempt. 

No comments: