Pages

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Let us Pray

 

For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work - James 3:16

"For you so loved the NBA that you sent "the Chosen One" to Miami so that the Eastern Conference may live. He has suffered greatly, but he has come through for his team dropping 31 on the hated Celtics. May you continue to bless King James, that we may all be witnesses to his victory not with a crown of thorns but a championship ring. Amen"

But seriously,

I had high expectations of the Heat and those expectations were dampened yesterday. Lebron is as advertised but the team is not. They need time to gel to make this work. Unlike the Celtics, the team is centered around young guys. I don't like Bosh, but his lackluster individual performance could have been the result of Boston's defense. However, how is Miami supposed to beat the beasts of the East? I’m also worried about the harm that the Bible verse predicts. If the Heat don’t start off well, could a schism form  between Wade (3), Bosh (1), and Lebron (6)?

Also, I've gotta admit that I like the Lebron Commercial "Rise" was great. The shot at Charles Barkley was funny. The commercial, and its references (some more subtle than others is better explained here. If you hate Lebron the commercial won't change your mind. But if you’re a bandwagon hater, then the commercial has a decent message behind it. Should I be what you want me to be. Sorry rest of the NBA, everyone can't be Durant and Duncan. Sometimes people like attention, like Charles Barkley and MJ, who blatantly criticized him for the move to Miami. I have no doubt that they would have gladly played together if possible. (Think 91 Jordan wouldn’t have wanted Barkley at Power Forward over Oakley or Grant… I thought so. Didn’t Barkley go championship chasing at the end of his career? I thought so.)

No comments: