Pages

Friday, September 6, 2013

Quick NFL Division Predictions

 

Every year I pick my divisions in an easy and obvious way. I go to every game in the schedule and then I pick who wins. It’s simple and straight forward. I see what teams I like and what teams I hate. I see what teams have a easy schedule and what teams might struggle. Normally I publish the numbers, but they are mostly useless, so I’m trying something new this year I’m just posting the order that they finish in the division.

 

AFC North

BAL
PIT
CIN
CLE

I somehow picked the Browns to win 2 games. I think the Browns are going to be good, but their schedule is murder. Pittsburgh is second place based largely on reputation and coaching. The Bengals are going to continue to be good.

AFC East

NE
MIA
BUF
NYJ

The Patriots are much better than everyone else in the East. Miami might be an 8-8 team though.

AFC West

KC
DEN
OAK
SD

I had the Chiefs and Broncos tied at the same amount of wins. The joys of being last in your division is that you get an easier schedule. Also, the Chiefs get an improvement at the offensive line positions. Oakland and San Diego could be the worst teams in the league.

AFC West

HOU
IND
TEN
JAX

Houston is decidedly better than the rest of the division. I think the Colts will regress. I’m not sure if the the Titans will be as bad as they appear to be.

NFC North

GB
CHI
MIN
DET

Another weird division. There are no bad teams here. I think that the Packers are the class of the division though.

NFC East

DAL
NYG
PHI
WAS

I have to be honest, I could imagine a scenario where any team in the division could be the champion. I’m not thrilled with the Giants offseason, but they’re still the Giants. They still have the best coach in the league. Washington has some really interesting pieces. Philadelphia could be exciting one way or another. As it happens, I’m a Cowboys fan. No surprise that I have them winning the whole thing. 

NFC West

SF
SEA
ARI
STL

I have the 49ers and Seahawks as playoff teams. Nothing special here.

 

NFC South

NO
ATL
TB
CAR

Perhaps the difference between the Saints and the Falcons is larger than I think, but why can’t the Saints win the division. The Falcons are decidedly worse on defense than they were last year. The Saints are going to be on a tear this year and I’m sure they have the talent to make things happen.

No comments: