Pages

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Mea Culpa

More NBA
1. @ChrisBosh.
Stop playing games. Injury aside, Toronto doesn't want you anymore. They've given up on you and think that you'll stay for peanuts because they (over)paid for Turkoglu. So why would you ask on Twitter should you stay or should you go, when it's clear that they want you out.

And by that, I mean, make sure you go to the Knicks.
CC: Dwayne Wade, Amare, Lebron

2. @NBASchedule
Game 1 of the Eastern Conference semis is today, Game 7 of a divisional round is tommorow. Maybe I'm the only person who sees something wrong with that.
Fine, but the winner of this game should have to face the Magic immediately following the game.

3. @MyPredictions
I know, I know. I shouldn't even talk about the playoffs after what I said to start them.
a. Miami will beat the Celtics (stupid in hindsight)

b. Mavs are a sneaky team that will contend in the west (History should have warned me and I didn't listen)

c. The Thunder will beat the Lakers

(I don't regret this one as much, but it was clear that no one other than Westbrook and Durant wanted to play the Lakers, and everyone on the Lakers wanted to guard Durant, at the same time).

d. Without Bogut the Hawks will roll the Bucks. (Come on ATL. Win it in Game Seven, please)

e. How are the Jazz going to beat the Nugs without healthy players (in six)

But to be fair, I did get the Westbrook thing right. (Second coming of AI against Derek Fisher) And my finals matchup (Phoenix-Cleveland) is still intact.
But past that, I really have no business picking basketball games. I don't watch enough to make reasonable predictions.


4. In Case your still reading
(Phoenix, Cavs, Magic, Jazz advance) just saying.
Yes, I realize I just picked against the reigning NBA champs for the second time in a row.
Yes I realize I'm picking against Boston for the second time in a row
Yes I'm picking Phoenix to beat the Spurs for the millionth time in a row, and those picks have rarely been successful
As previously stated. I don't make reasonable predictions

No comments: