Pages

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Post 100. NFL Predictions

Post 100. I wanted it to be my NFL predictions. As regular visitors know, here is how it works. I pick all 256 games of the 2011-2012 season. I write down the number of wins. Don’t read it as: “He thinks the Browns will win 12 games” as much as you should understand that I just mean that I think the Browns will be a good team. Equally I don’t think the Broncos won’t win any games (a weird anomaly on the other side of things). However, I do think the Broncos will struggle heavily considering all of their offseason turmoil. Forgive me for the lazy reviews of the NFC South and West.

AFC East

Buffalo Bills : 6
The Bills are going to win some games. I like them. It’s a shame that they lost their best defender (Pozluzny) and Lee Evans. They won’t be able to "Suck for Luck" but they’re okay

Miami Dolphins : 3
Running Backs? Gone. The fans have no faith in their starting QB and were booing him in Practice. The ownership tried to get rid of their coach and extended his contract upon the realization that they couldn't. This is a potential train wreck. I stand by the phins being an awful squadron.

New England Patriots : 11
Why do I keep picking against the Pats to win the division. They’re the best team this year.

New York Jets:  10
Listen to this. The team lost some of their best defenders, their second best wide receiver and didn’t improve any of the positions on the team. Their biggest signing was a wide receiver who hasn’t played in nearly 3 years.  



AFC North

Baltimore Ravens : 15
The Ravens need to win this year. If they cannot win the division this year I wonder if they ever will. I think Ray Rice will have an outstanding season.

Cincinnati Bengals : 6
I have a bet going. I think the Bengals will be bad. However, the Bengals might be ok defensively. I think they are going to do just enough for a low draft pick. 

Cleveland Browns : 12
To quote a friend of mine, the Browns are "creeping on the come-up".  Colt McCoy is improving. The O line is high quality. Peyton Hillis will be good till the madden curse hits him.  I honestly think they'll be a first round exit team. 

Pittsburgh Steelers : 12
Rooting against the Steelers. Always. Betting against the Steelers? Not happening.

AFC South

Houston Texans : 8
The Texans remind me of the niners. Weak division. Quality players. They gotta win this year.

Indianapolis Colts : 8

Too many wins. They dont have the personnel to beat teams without manning. I've had to rewrite this because the manning story gets uglier and uglier. Out indefinitely? I should take some wins away from this squad. 

Jacksonville Jaguars : 1
I'm done with the jags. You can’t get rid of your starting qb and expect to find success, especially when your team is not very good.

Tennessee Titans : 7 
Boring. Just the way they like it.  CJ2k is back and their QB is lackluster. The defense is mediocre.

AFC West

Denver Broncos : 0
Hmm. I don’t have any faith that this team will be better.

Kansas City Chiefs : 9
KC wont be as good as they were last year with the injuries that they have suffered. The sched is harder.

Oakland Raiders : 7
You want respect, Oakland? Stop firing head coaches. Until then I'm not picking you to win more than 7 games ever.

San Diego Chargers : 9
You want respect Phillip Rivers? Don’t get swept in the division by the Raiders. Don’t lose the first 4 games and expect to make the playoffs. Most importantly, don’t act as if you're going to kill your wide outs after every single incompletion. 

NFC East

Dallas Cowboys : 11
I know I'm biased but I swear my hearts in the right place. They finally have a D coordinator. The coach looks good. Romo is healthy. Dez looks like a beast. The problems? All the corners were lackluster last year and now they're hurt. Miles Austin is hurt as well. Their O-line is made from scrap metal. Good luck.
 
New York Giants : 5
Meet the 2010 Cowboys. Watch as they turn on their head coach. Look at them appearing lost on plays. Check out the Manning Face. It’s going to be a long and difficult road.

Philadelphia Eagles : 9
Don’t call it bias. Where did they improve their team last year. They still can’t stop the run. Maclin hasn’t been in camp

Washington Redskins : 11
I know. When I saw the number I was surprised too. But they are stacked defensively. Their offense isn’t great, but it may be enough to steal enough wins to reach double digits.

NFC North

Chicago Bears : 6
What do Gholston, Barber and Roy Williams have in common? They all were in training camp for the Bears, and their former teams are glad to see them gone. The bears are probably going to be closer to .500 but not a playoff squad.

Detroit Lions  : 10
I like the boy named Suh. I like the pass defense. I think Stafford is a beast. They had the Best rookie rb last year. Why not? 

Green Bay Packers :  11
Every team will hunt them. They will still win the division.

Minnesota Vikings : 10
McNabb will have his last hurrah this year. Bank on it. Oh and Adrian Peterson is working on a new Contract.

NFC South

Atlanta Falcons : 13
What happens when a team fixes all of its flaws over the off season? A division title.

Carolina Panthers  : 2
What happens when a bad team signs its players to new contracts? More losses

New Orleans Saints : 12
Whats the difference between the Saints and USC? When Bush left, the saints they got to keep their title.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers : 6
How much of a chance does LeGarrette Blount have of being the best rb in the division? A punchers chance.

NFC West

Arizona Cardinals  : 5
The Cards still can’t run or play defense right?

San Francisco 49ers :  5
Darn you to heck Niners. I constantly expect greatness, and you reward me with medicrity.

Seattle Seahawks : 8
I believe in the Seahawks as long as they don’t change stadiums. That 12th man advantage is real.

St. Louis Rams : 8
Young. Ready. I wish they hadn’t cut every receiver they had, but I believe in them. Sjax is still amazing and still a true workhorse.


No comments: