Pages

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

A little exposed, a little naked, but very appreciative

 

“Thanks for comin' out tonight/
You coulda been anywhere in the world,/
but you're here with me/
I appreciate that” – Jay-Z (Izzo)

 

My blog has been up for a while. I originally changed the name to the 5 year plan knowing that I wanted a set of huge changes in my life. I appreciate the people who, over the years have read my posts. Whether it's a discussion of the use of slurs, or my personal choice not to drink, you all have been extremely supportive and positively critical. I try not to advertise my posts too obnoxiously. I don't make ad money, and it doesn't further my career to post, so the only thing I get out of writing is knowing people read it and feel one way or another about what I wrote. Over the summer, my recent posts about my non-drinking and insomnia and my series on rap music have created a spike in interest and page views. Honestly, I started blogging because I never felt comfortable about my ability to write, and I started up again after my first year of law school killed whatever confidence I had left. It also feels weird writing about myself, because while I have no problem talking about other people’s accomplishments and things I’ve seen over my life, discussing my own shortcomings hasn’t come easy. Thank you so much for reading.

No comments: