Pages

Monday, March 16, 2015

Late Night Heat

So, I can't sleep. I’m uncomfortable and don’t immediately recognize why. I realize it’s because I’m hot. I wake up; I get out of bed; I'm peeling off clothes. I’m only wearing boxers but I’m still melting. Now I’m worried that I’m sick, but I’m not sluggish, just hot. Finally, I check my thermostat and I realize that it's 80+ degrees in my apartment and a balmy 60 degrees outside. I'm not exactly sure why that’s the case but damn it's hot in my apartment. I’m currently in front of my air conditioner. I figure that since I’m awake I may as well write about what I checked out tonight, because sleeping isn’t part of the schedule.

  • St. Johns suspended Chris Obekpa for apparently failing a marijuana test. Honestly, I don't care that much if schools decide to penalize marijuana use . But it would have been nice to see Obekpa in the tournament.
  • Speaking of the tournament, today was Selection Sunday I've already done my bracket. Spoiler alert, I picked Kentucky. I know that chalk picks are boring, but as it happens, Kentucky is really good and while the odds are good that they'll lose at some point, they will be favorites in every game that they play this month, so why would I pick against them. There's also nothing about their defense that screams "overrated" or "regression candidate". I'd still pick the field over Kentucky, just because of the fluky nature of March Madness The bracket doesn't let you pick the field though, so am I really supposed to pick Iowa State or Duke or Wisconsin to upset them? Not likely.
  • So, Kendrick Lamar's second album, To Pimp a Butterfly, has been released. I'm definitely going to check it out.
  • Watched the new 30 for 30 about Christian Laettner. It's a quality documentary as always.
  • Also watched the abridged version of the Rockets Clippers game. The best part of the game was late in the 4th quarter. James Harden, MVP candidate, hit free throw after free throw throughout the game. With a few seconds to go, the announcers talk about the fact that James Harden hit 17 of his 17 free throws and that is a career high for him. Naturally, he misses the 18th. The game was also the triumphant return for Blake Griffin.
  • I also learned that Enes Kanter put up 18 points and 18 rebounds in the game earlier. Enes Kanter is already the best Center that the Thunder have ever had. Is it too soon to say that? It is also alarming because Kanter was deemed to be expendable by the Utah Jazz a couple of weeks ago.

No comments: