Pages

Friday, May 13, 2011

Bulls v. Heat

I said that the matchup at the end would be Heat vs. Thunder.

Lets break it down.

Derrick Rose v. Mario Chalmers
One is the league MVP the other is Mario Chalmers.

Advantage: Bulls

Dwayne Wade v. Bogans
One is the best player at his position, the other is Bogans

Advantage: Heat

Lebron James v. Luol Deng
I swear the lazy comparisons end here

Advantage: Heat

Joel Anthony v. Joakim Noah
Joel Anthony is a gambling defender much like LBJ and Wade. Noah is more the stay with your guy, help defense when needed type of player. In this series Noah is going to have the harder job, but i think he can handle his job better than Anthony will.

Advantage: Bulls

EDIT: When i first drafted this post I said the series would depend on who played better, Bosh or Boozer. Bomani Jones has already said this, apparently. So rather than present this as a fascinating take on the series, I'll settle for saying that I agree.

If Bosh plays well, and he has played well in the other series (Don't worry Chris, you're forgiven for game 3), the Heat will win. Boozer hasn't proven to me that he's ready for the limelight. This series could be the first of many classics between the two teams, I'm willing to believe that the Heat will draw first blood.

Advantage: Heat


Heat in 6.

No comments: