Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Best shooting guard in the NBA

Player A: 25.3 Points per Game, 45% FG, 32% 3pt, 82% FT, 1.2 Steals Per Game, 0.15 Blocks Per Game.
Player B: 25.5 Points per Game, 50% FG, 30% 3pt, 75% FT, 1.4 Steals Per Game, 1.14 Blocks Per Game (the only SG to average more than 1.)
Of Course, as I’m sure you all figured out, Player B is Dwayne Wade who was put as 2nd team NBA. Player A? Kobe- 1st team NBA.

Now, I'm not an expert at judging the shooting guard position. Nor will I pretend that I'm even all that invested. Shooting guards are like wide recievers. They are generally cocky brash and hard to root for. Of course, they are often the most physically talented and the most skilled player on the court. I felt that Wade deserved 1st team NBA when I first read that Kobe got it. Looking at the relevant numbers, I'd say its a discussion worth having, but its not as ridiculous as Allen Iverson getting an all-star nod or Derek Jeter representing the American League in the all star game. In fact, depending on how relevant you find defense, it might be a landslide in Kobe's favor. I'd still vote Wade though.

No comments: