Pages

Sunday, February 1, 2015

Swaggerville journal 2/1- Wheels

Wheels.

I spent my law school career taking buses, walking long distances and getting the occasional ride from someone. When I first moved to Colorado all I had was what I could fit in a couple of suitcases. I didn't have a ton of money. I didn't have a car. Like most things during my first year, I found a way to make the best out of a rough situation.

During my first year internship at the public defenders office, one of my classmates let me borrow his bike over the summer. It was great. For the next two years, I said I would buy a bike and never actually did. I had a couple of problems (including my apartment flooding, forcing me to move out) and I never was able to buy it.

After the bar exam, I finally bought a bike. It's a used green bike that I've grown to love. It has helped me to get around a lot faster, especially on the weekends when the buses run less frequently. Boulder, CO has a lot of bike routes which make getting around a lot easier.

It's nice having wheels. It still isn't as nice as having a car, but my bike gets me where I need to be. I'm glad that I have it.

No comments: