Pages

Saturday, February 28, 2015

Swaggerville Journal 3/1 - Inner Critic

 

Late at night in a one-bedroom apartment in Boulder, Colorado.

Inner Critic: Hey, are you awake?

Darryl: No.

Inner Critic: You just answered. Are you awake now?

Darryl: Obviously. What.

Inner Critic: I have a question for you.

Darryl: Fire away

Inner Critic: Yeah, I just wanted to know… WHAT THE FUCK?

Darryl: It’s too late for this shit.

Inner Critic: It’s March. Didn’t you make a promise to a bunch of people, last month? I thought we had a deal.

Darryl: I did really well last month.

Inner Critic: You said that you would write every day last month. Every day for 28 days. You even picked February because it was a short month.

Darryl: and I wrote a lot.

Inner Critic: And now it’s March and you didn’t even write 14 entries.

Darryl: It got windy, remember?

Inner Critic: All month?

Darryl: And it got cold so I couldn’t write outside and besides I wrote more last month than I did almost any time last year.

Inner Critic: You said 28 and you didn’t even get to twenty, you got to eight.

Darryl: 8 is enough

Inner Critic: Well this month, you’re going to do better. 

Darryl: Last month, I ran out of things to talk about.

Inner Critic: What about “Pretty Eyes?”

Darryl: *looks at Desktop, with draft entitled “Pretty Eyes” staring back.* Nope. Not happening. Maybe if I run out of things, but no. She probably wouldn’t appreciate it either.

Inner Critic: Publish it, no one reads your blog anyway unless the word NBA is in the headline.

Darryl: People read my Race stuff too… but yeah, try again

Inner Critic: What about Anthony Mason?

Darryl: Too soon.

Inner Critic: Russell Westbrook?

Darryl: Everyone knows how I feel about Westbrook.

Inner Critic: Therapy?

Darryl: Nope

Inner Critic: Your job?

Darryl: Can’t

Inner Critic: Figure it out on your own. Either way, if you want to get better at this, you need to write at least ten things this month. Oh, and Derrick Rose.

No comments: