Pages

Sunday, February 8, 2015

Swaggerville Journal 2/8 – Evaluation

 

BURKE PARK- It’s another sunny day in Boulder, Colorado. In February, today has an expected high temperature of 60 degrees. Last week, I said that I would try to write something every day. 5 out of 7 days I was successful. I wrote about my bike, going to watch Raw, dancing, salsa lessons, and D’Angelo’s album “Black Messiah”. So far, so good. I could look at the fact that I missed 2 days as a failure, or I could look at the fact that I had 28 entries all of last year and see my 5 entries this month as a resounding success. I’m making an effort to view the world as “glass half full.”

I’m writing this entry from Burke Park. Last year, in 2014, I would come here often when I needed peace of mind. When I was in New York, I would go to Washington Square Park for the same reasons. There is something nice about being outdoors, even for someone like me who doesn’t generally like it.

Of course, today presents a special challenge. It’s windy. At first, it was “cool breeze across the face” windy. Later, as I biked to the park, it was “guess I’m not going to read a book outside” windy. Now, it’s “laptop violently getting pushed across the table” windy.  A lady just passed by and told me how brave I was to continue. Writing about race last year required some bravery. Discussing therapy required bravery. A minor blog post shouldn’t require bravery. I’ll show you what I’m talking about.

I heard you like blog posts, so I put a blog post in your blog post.



I can’t write like this. I’ll have to try again later.

No comments: