Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Legends

1. Shaq retires.

I'm glad to see him go. I'm going to live the rest of my life not remembering his stints in a Suns, Cavs, or Celtics uniform. I'm going to remember him as an incomparably strong and big center. Just in case his legacy is forgotten beacuse of his age lets remember that shaq is
a) 8th all time in blocked shots
b) 1st in fg percentage
c) 7th in points scored

2. Kareem's response to Pippen's statement about Jordan being the best scorer ever.

Kareem gets no love. I think it was funny that the leading scorer of all time is completely forgotton in the realm of scoring. He did win tons of MVP's in his lifetime. He has scored more points than anyone else wearing an NBA uniform. He was in every all-star game from 1970-1989. He has 6 regular season MVP's to go with 6 championships. Oh and he had a shot that analysts describe as unblockable. Even though Kareem was unwilling to nominate himself I'll take that.

Kareem's skyhook: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPcniUfKRlU

No comments: