Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Smack!

I care tonight. Tonight is the NBA draft and I'm all in on these players.

1. Jan vesely

Why do I care about a player no one has heard of. One he dunks like crazy. Two, he's czech. I'm always susceptible to following dunkers and seeing how they do. Joe alexander: not a great player. Blake Griffin: a monster. Vesely: somewhere in the middle. Likely closer to Alexander though.

2. Chris singleton (florida state)

Another description that always will get me interested is defensive sf. If you get comparisons to ron artest, I'm interested. The best case scenario: he goes to a defensive team like the spurs or bucks where his 3 point liability is better hidden. Worse case: the golden state warriors or the phoenix suns where he'll be firing off 3 pointers like a madman.

3. The God

Bismack Biyombo has me the most excited. When the scouting report for a player is "blocks and dunks" as my friend kyle put it, that's all I need. In a flawed draft this sounds like a great player to have. He comes off the bench, puts in work, gets the crowd into a frenzy. The comparison that comes to mind is Birdman in Denver. I reccomend that everyone in the arena should just yell "Smack" everytime he gets a block. I'm so excited about seeing this guy in a uniform.   

No comments: