Pages

Friday, November 29, 2013

Day 2- Brecksgiving

“I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness” – Allen Ginsberg (Howl)

20131128_182351[1]

Day 2 in Breck. Spent the night watching car crash, helicopter crash and motorcycle crash videos with the guys. Oh, and we watched Red Scorpion, which changed my life. But before that we had Thanksgiving.

So this was my third Thanksgiving away from NYC after spending all of the previous ones on the East Coast. The first involved lots of FIFA, Madden and chess, the second involved lots of Taboo, this one involved a lot of football.  I didn’t leave the place much, other for more Thanksgiving food shopping. The group made turkey, stuffing, roasted squash, and apple pie.

In the background of this week is the fact that finals season is impending. At minimum, we‘ve got outlining to do. But right now there’s a ton of things for the 3L class to do. Finishing projects for internships, looking for post-graduation jobs, and obviously finishing up our academic work. This doesn’t even including putting up money for the bar exam classes and the actual test itself.  On one hand, it’s a series of first world problems. On the other hand, even first world problems are stressful. For me, it’s deciding what I want to do with the rest of my life. Do I want to stay on the same path that I’ve been on for the last 6 years or so or can I do more to help in another field?

That’s why I’m trying to have as much fun as possible. I’ve had a hell of a semester (or semester of hell depending on your perspective) and a couple of days of fun are a good change for me. I really needed it.

20131128_102814[1]

No comments: