Pages

Thursday, July 3, 2014

7/2- Bar Exam Prep: And for a while I was Neo

 

Yesterday, I noted that some days you’re Neo in the Matrix and some days you’re the security guards. Today was a Neo type of day. I whipped through Trusts. I reviewed Real Property. Everything went well. It’s funny how the bar exam takes up so much of my life right now and yet, I’m calm and collected. I’m not worried at all even though I almost certainly should be. The worst that happens if I don’t pass is… I‘m just a guy with a law degree. I’ll figure things out.

Non-Bar Assertions

  • I heard fireworks today. I didn’t worry that I was hearing gunshots. That’s the biggest benefit of moving to Boulder from Springfield Gardens. For all the flaws that Boulder has, it’s still a place where I feel safe, always.
  • Kyle Lowry is going to stay in Toronto. It’s weird, given his stints in Houston and Memphis, that Toronto is the place that makes him happy. From Toronto’s perspective, I think it’s interesting that they are taking a chance on someone who has been a malcontent and an injury risk. I’d still want him (for my real life team and my fantasy team)
  • There’s a floating rumor about an Isaiah Thomas - Josh Smith Sign and Trade. This can’t be real life, right?
  • Ben Gordon signed with the Magic. I almost forgot he was still in the league. He’s reunited with former his Pistons teammate, Jason Maxiel, who I completely forgot was still in the league.
  • Boozer may soon be amnestied. It has been a while since someone was amnestied. For those who don’t know, the amnesty provision came out of the last Collective bargaining agreement. It allowed teams to amnesty one contract, which means that the contract no longer counts against their salary cap and the player is no longer on the team (is a free agent), but the team still has to pay the amount of money left on the contract. There aren’t many amnesty eligible players left. (For example, Joakim Noah, by virtue of being Boozer’s teammate is no longer eligible.) Most of the players that are still eligible for the provision are too valuable to just take off the books without a trade. (Al Horford, Rajon Rondo, Mike Conley, Tony Parker, Kevin Durant)  However, this leaves two players on the same team. Nick Collison, who’s the Thunder’s elder statesman, and Kendrick Perkins. I think we have room for one more amnesty, folks.
  • BTW, that entire paragraph is probably dependent on whether Melo goes to Chicago. Otherwise, Boozer might get traded or something that excites me less.   
  • I was really excited about Oliveremberton.com after this gamer-friendly post. It received a ton of attention and now he hasn’t written anything new in months. I’m rooting for a return, because I enjoy his work. 

No comments: