Pages

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Bar Exam Prep 6/30: Allow me to reintroduce myself

 

I’m a native New Yorker. I write about the NBA for Writtalin.com. I’m a University of Colorado Law School graduate. I’m studying to take the bar exam in Colorado. For the next month or so, I’ll be writing here about this experience. Maybe no one will read this and these posts will just be cathartic. Perhaps people will read this and I’ll have to stop writing. Either way, my goal is to write about the process every night or so until 7/29.

Right now, I’m midway through Bar Prep. I’ve been studying since the beginning of June. It’s the last remnant of law school before I’m solely a lawyer. After spending most of that time unshaven and barely crawling out of my apartment for class every morning, I’ve tried to get out of the house more. Admittedly, most of my “get out of the house time” has been just for eating and buying necessary things, but we’ll see.

Non-Bar Bullets

  • Jason Kidd is my new hero. Somehow he transitioned from aging veteran to NBA coach to NBA Coach / Soon to be Bucks president in the course of a year.
  • Poor Larry Drew, despite his perceived mediocrity as a head coach, he deserved better. He went from counting his blessings, last week, to unemployed. I pity the fired head coach generally, but especially in these circumstances.
  • Did you know that Jabari Parker apparently tanked his workout in Cleveland to ensure that the Bucks would take him? He intentionally went to this situation and it suddenly became worse than when he was drafted. Of course, when he wins Rookie of the Year and the Bucks are a surprising Eastern Conference playoff team, we won’t remember any of this. Remember that before the team imploded they were projected to be in the playoffs last year. They’ll be better this year and they still play in the East… just saying.
  • The Pelicans just added a Point Guard named Russ in the draft. The Pelicans have made the fan transition process much easier for me
  • The Big 3 are going to stay together? Good for them. Good for Miami. Good for the league. People hated the Heat so much that they were rooting for the Spurs last year. The Spurs are the same team that is responsible for the least media friendly head coach in the league and the least watched NBA finals in recent memory. Love everything here.

No comments: